The Board of Elections employs Inspectors to work Village, Primary, Special and General Elections at the rate of $12.00 per hour.
Applicants must be:
- A US Citizen and a resident of Sullivan County
- Registered to vote and willing to work for either the Democratic or Republican party
- Able to read the English language and write legibly
- Able to work up to 12-16 consecutive hours on election days.
- Willing to work out of your voting district
- Professional in your ability to work with a team and treat the public with respect and courtesy
Training classes are offered each August with a choice of morning or afternoon sessions, each of which last about 2 and 1/2 hours and for which attendees are paid $25. In order to work on election day(s) attendees MUST pass a Written exam at the end of the class.
For additional information please contact the Board of Elections directly at 807-0400.