Scott Samuelson (D)
Scott and his partner of 38 years, Edward Dudek, married in 2011. They have owned and operated Bradstan Country Hotel in White Lake since 1991 and have resided in Sullivan County since 1981, having relocated from New York City where they both enjoyed careers in professional theater.
Scott, Ed and the Bradstan are thrilled to be part of the current development of a reinvented Eldred Preserve Resort, where they will join another iconic Sullivan County business, The Old Homestead Restaurant (Paul and Alice Edelman), and create a new/upscale boutique resort. The project, set to open in 2019, is being spearheaded by local developer/entrepreneurs Dan and Joan Silna.
Scott has been active civically from the inception of the Bradstan and is proud to be serving his second term as Sullivan County Legislator representing District 1 (Bethel, Cochecton, Highland and Tusten). He was honored to serve as Chairman of the Sullivan County Legislature for his first four years, where his focus and support for economic development and the awarding of a casino gaming license for Sullivan County were among his primary goals and achievements.
- Chairman, Sullivan County Legislature (2012-2015)
- Ex-officio Member, Mid Hudson Regional Economic Development Council
- Past Chairman, Sullivan County Chamber of Commerce (1998-2004)
- Past Member Executive Committee, SC Partnership for Economic Development
- Past Honorary Chairman, Sullivan Chapter, March of Dimes
- Sullivan County Casino Gaming Advisory Board
- Past Member Executive Committee and founding member, Sullivan/Wawarsing REAP Board
- Past President SC Community College Dormitory Corporation
- Past Member Board of Trustees, Catskill Regional Medical Center
- Executive Committee, SUNY Sullivan Scholarship Fundraising Gala
- Founding member of the Bethel Business Association
- Founding Member of the Bethel Council of the Arts