Monticello, NY – Legislature Chairman Robert Doherty and Vice Chair Michael Brooks will host the second installment of the rebooted Sullivan County Town Hall series, called “Let’s Talk Sullivan,” this Monday, September 28 on the County’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sullivancountygov and YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/channel/UC-6KnDAiuQEnDNWO13Ev1sw. The presentation will be available starting at 1 p.m.
“This is one more way we’re informing the public of our activities and priorities,” Doherty stated. “More than 2,000 people viewed the first episode in August, and we aim to expand that number by giving the latest info and answering people’s questions every month.”
They’ll be joined by Sullivan County Treasurer Nancy Buck and guest presenter Jonathan Schiller, CEO of Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills, overseeing hospitals in both Harris and Callicoon.
Topics for the 28th will include:
- The latest on COVID-19 in the County since the reopening of schools and the casino
- Sullivan County’s fiscal condition and prognosis
- The local hospitals’ current status and activities
- The Sunset Lake Local Development Corporation’s progress in finding a management company for the County’s Care Center at Sunset Lake and Certified Home Health Agency
- The cancellation of a hearing and vote to potentially exceed the State-mandated property tax cap
- The last days of the U.S. Census
- The upcoming Tax Foreclosure Auction and Surplus Equipment Auction
- The ways to vote in the General Election
- The status of the reorganization of the Sullivan County Human Rights Commission
Questions from the public will be accepted at email@example.com and via private message on the County’s Facebook page. They should be focused on County topics and phrased respectfully and apolitically. As the broadcast will be pre-taped, questions need to be submitted by Thursday, September 24 at 7 a.m.
Proposed topics for future Town Halls are also welcome anytime via the above methods. Broadcasts are presented monthly and occasionally more often as circumstances warrant.