Monticello, NY – The Sullivan County Office for the Aging is pleased to announce that the County will be resuming a modified shopping bus schedule as of October 13.
“The shopping bus provides round-trip transportation from seniors’ homes to Monticello shopping,” says Office for the Aging Director Lise-Anne Deoul. “Registration with our office is required. The suggested contribution is $3 per round trip. Please dial 845-807-0244 to make a reservation at least 3 business days prior.”
• Shopping runs will start at 7:30 a.m. instead of 8 a.m.
• Riders will get an hour and a half to do their shopping.
• Buses will be limited from 5 to 6 people due to social distancing, and seats will be marked. All riders are required to wear masks.
• The amount of allowed shopping bags is being increased from 5 to 8.
• Shoppers will be limited to two runs per bus per day. A waitlist will be maintained for any last-minute cancellations and to provide priority for the next ride available. Please only make a reservation if you’re absolutely sure you will be able to keep it.
• The routes will remain the same as prior to closing, but on a modified schedule
(Please note: Route 2 Highland Area and Route 5 Town of Delaware are open to the general public. Please check www.sullivanny.us/Departments/Transportation for pick up locations. The same reservation procedures apply.)
- Route 1 (October 13, October 29, November 19, December 10)
A. Town of Fallsburg - Woodridge, Mountaindale & South Fallsburg.
B. Town of Rockland - Livingston Manor & Roscoe.
- Route 2 (October 15, November 5, November 24, December 15)
A. Highland Area - Narrowsburg, Eldred, Barryville, Glen Spey, and some surrounding areas
B. Town of Thompson - Monticello, Mongaup Valley.
- Route 3 (October 20, November 10, December 1, December 17)
A. Town of Bethel - Smallwood, Cochecton, Bethel Senior Housing and White Lake.
B. Town of Neversink - Neversink, Grahamsville, Foxcroft Village.
- Route 4 (October 22, November 12, December 3, December 22)
A. Town of Liberty – Liberty, Golden Park, Barkley Gardens & White Sulphur Springs
B. Town of Mamakating - Summitville, Wurtsboro & Bloomingburg.
- Route 5 (October 27, November 17, December 8, December 29)
A. Town of Delaware - Fremont, Callicoon, Hankins, Jeffersonville.
B. Liberty Village Apartments, Hurleyville, Loch Sheldrake and Kiamesha Lake.