Liberty, NY – To meet numerous public requests to be notified of upcoming vaccination clinics, Sullivan County Public Health Services, in collaboration with the Division of Information Technology Services (ITS) and the Emergency Community Assistance Center (ECAC), today launched an online signup form open to local and regional residents.
“Our offices have received hundreds of calls from people seeking the COVID-19 vaccine,” confirmed Public Health Director Nancy McGraw. “The amount has overwhelmed our staff, and since most callers are simply asking when an upcoming clinic will be available, our amazing coworkers at ITS have rapidly developed a notification system to do just that.”
Anyone interested in being notified of upcoming Public Health-run COVID-19 vaccination clinics can sign up on the County’s vaccine information page: https://sullivanny.us/Departments/Publichealth/COVIDvaccines. Near the top of that page is a form that requests the interested person’s name, date of birth, county of residence and email address (or phone number, if the person does not have an email address or would prefer to be contacted by phone). It also asks if the person is an essential worker (as defined by the State) and has any health conditions that put them at high risk with COVID-19 complications. (Answering yes or no to those questions will not affect the notification process.)
“Anyone who signs up will receive notifications listing the date, location and registration link for upcoming County-run clinics, as they become open to registration. These notifications will continue until Public Health confirms they have successfully received their first dose of vaccine,” explained McGraw. “Considering the currently severe limitation of available COVID-19 vaccine, they may receive notifications for quite some time, but our expectation is that most people will find that very useful as the rollout continues.”
It is important to note:
- This is NOT a registration form to access a vaccination clinic. Those who sign up will only be contacted with information about an upcoming vaccination clinic, for which they will have to separately register in order to get on a list to receive vaccine.
- Filling out this form does not guarantee someone will receive vaccine.
- At present, this notification system will not include info about COVID-19 vaccination events conducted by agencies, businesses, entities or municipalities other than Sullivan County Public Health Services.
- The information provided will be used only by authorized Sullivan County government offices, agencies and partners to contact people about upcoming vaccination opportunities. It will not be shared with unauthorized parties or the general public.
- Those who provide an email address will receive a notification email to that address, while those who provide a phone number will receive an automated voice message to that phone number (not a text).
- Notification of an upcoming clinic will be made as soon as possible after the registration link becomes available.
- No information will be sent via this system unless there is an upcoming County-run COVID-19 vaccination clinic that is currently accepting registrants.
Those who are unable to fill out the notification form online can contact our ECAC staff, who can help them complete the form over the phone at 845-807-0925.
For more information, visit https://sullivanny.us/Departments/Publichealth/COVIDvaccines.
A recorded voice message with the latest updates is also available at 845-513-2268.
The County’s dashboard for updates on the number of active cases locally can be found at https://sullivanny.us/Departments/Publichealth/Coronavirus.
Vaccine info is also available at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).