The Care Center at Sunset Lake is a skilled nursing facility providing care 7 days a week, 24-hour a day.
The facility is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and offers skilled restorative care in a therapeutic environment for those who need rehabilitative care as well as a therapeutic environment for those who can no longer live independently. Also known as the Sullivan County Adult Care Center, the facility provides short term placement for restorative care, short term respite stays or long term placement. We also have a memory care unit specialized to the care of those with the diagnosis of dementia. The facility has 146 beds.
Services include; a full array of medical, nursing, personal care, dietary, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social, spiritual, recreational and housekeeping services. Residents and/or families are involved in decisions about care and receive services based on their individual needs.
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640