The mission of the Sullivan County Government Wellness Committee is to promote a healthy place to work and promote a worksite culture that supports employees’ desire to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Goals of the committee
- Promote healthy lifestyle behaviors;
- Develop educational outreach activities;
- Encourage personal and professional productivity;
- Encourage physical, mental, social, and holistic wellbeing
- Reduce absenteeism
- Increase productivity
- Lower workers compensation claims
- Improve employee engagement /satisfaction
- Promote a clean, healthy and safe environment
Come Walk With Us!
Come join Sullivan County employees and their families for a walk/hike along the D & H Canal. The walk is open to all and is kid- and pet-friendly! Masks are required to keep everyone safe. Don’t forget to bring water!
September 12th, 2020, 10:00am
Location: Basha Kill’s D&H Towpath in Westbrookville
*This trail has a few steps up an embankment to the towpath, then it is flat from there on, it is suitable for biking as well as walking.
Enter these coordinates into your GPS: 41°30'19.8"N 74°33'21.2"W (41.505500, -74.555901)
Or, when heading south on Route 209, look for the Basha Kill Wildlife Management Area sign across from the Westbrookville Post Office/Hometown Deli, then look for the open field to the left, where we will be parking at the far end.
We look forward to seeing you!