Please be aware the Care Center at Sunset Lake is currently CLOSED to visitors, in order to protect residents and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
May 22, 2020
Hello family and friends of the residents of the Care Center!
I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones healthy. Please remain in touch with your case managers for any questions that you may have regarding your loved ones. Please continue to follow us on Facebook (carecenteratsunsetlake) for updates and images of what is going on daily at The Care Center. Here is this weeks updates…
Nursing would like you to know that with the warmer weather spirits seem to be lifted all around. We have prepared, and implemented, the new mandate from Governor Cuomo’s office regarding testing of nursing home staff. DOH was in for Focus Infection Control Survey and we are awaiting any feedback from them; but things appear well. They looked at policy and procedure, interviewed some COVID + residents, and toured areas where COVID + residents are living.
All staff continue to work hard, and it does not go unrecognized. We had 2 new nurses start from the Ethan Allen agency and they are fantastic.
We all are appreciative of community support, i.e.: changing signs by the driveway, weekly snacks from the White Sulphur Springs Community and the Liberty National Honor Society, water donation from the Pioneer Construction Company, a lunch from the Monticello Methodist Church, and pizza donation from Liberty H.S. football.
This week in activities we continue to do individual activities on each unit. The residents always look forward to their card games and board games with the activity aides. Residents are continuing to write letters to families and friends. For Memorial Day we will be having brunch at 10 a.m. followed by a walk around our facility at 1:30 p.m. to honor our veterans. We hope to see you there (please see the flyer posted on Facebook).
This week in the rehabilitation department they currently have 32 patients on program. Everyone is making slow progress and the Covid+ patients continue to slowly regain their strength. All rehabilitation staff remain healthy. Patients are treated on their units or in their rooms if they are on isolation.
For county updates on COVID-19 please visit the Sullivan County Website ( www.sullivanny.us ), or visit the Public Health Services website ( http://www.sullivanny.us/Departments/Publichealth ), which has a link for Coronavirus updates.
Our commitment is to the care and health of your loved one. The Care Center staff continue to be committed coming to work to care for the residents. We again extend ourselves to receive your phone calls and emails. It is our obligation to ease your concerns and answer your questions. I will continue to share updates with you and we all look forward to the time when we can open our doors and place you in the embrace of your loved ones again.
The Care Center at Sunset Lake is a skilled nursing facility providing care 7 days a week, 24-hour a day.
The facility is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and offers skilled restorative care in a therapeutic environment for those who need rehabilitative care as well as a therapeutic environment for those who can no longer live independently. Also known as the Sullivan County Adult Care Center, the facility provides short term placement for restorative care, short term respite stays or long term placement. We also have a memory care unit specialized to the care of those with the diagnosis of dementia. The facility has 146 beds.
Services include; a full array of medical, nursing, personal care, dietary, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social, spiritual, recreational and housekeeping services. Residents and/or families are involved in decisions about care and receive services based on their individual needs.
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640