Please be aware the Sullivan County office is currently closed to the public due to the coronavirus pandemic. Phone calls and emails continue to be answered, however.
Acting as an agent for the state of New York, the Sullivan County Clerk administers the County's Motor Vehicle Bureau.
DMV Services and Information
- Driver's Licenses, including EDL Licenses
- Non-Driver Identification
- Learner Permits
- Vehicle Registration
- Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDL)
- Plate Surrender
- Enforcement (Conditional and Restricted Licenses)
Registration renewals made easy by:
- Mailing to: 100 North Street, Monticello, NY 12701
- Visiting the mobile van (see local town clerk for scheduled days & hours)
- Box at entryway of DMV Monticello Office (No lines - No waiting)
- After hours of 4:15 pm and before 5:00 pm, leave at County Clerk main office for processing