Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
SULLIVAN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
How to Prove Sullivan County Residency
Sullivan County home owners:
- Copy of current Sullivan County school tax bill WITH Basic Star Program credit noted.
Sullivan County renters will need three items from the following list:
- Copy of lease or notarized statement of tenancy from your landlord.
- Cable, TV, or Internet bill
- Cellular phone bill
- Bank statement
- Utility (electric/gas/oil) bill
- Income tax (NYS or Federal) return
Reciprocity (moving to NYS from out of state):
- Mortgage or Lease Statement
AND one other proof of residency dated prior to 3/1/2021 from the following list: (Must be presented in paper not electronic form)
- Postmarked mail
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Credit Card Statement
- Voter Registration Card
- NYS Pistol Permit
- NYS Professional License
- NYS Title
- Assisted Living or Nursing Home Statement
- Welfare Benefit Statement
- Unemployment Benefit Statement
- Retirement Statement
- Selective Service Card
- Military Orders still in effect
- Jury Duty Notice
- Life Insurance Policy or Current Statement (In effect at least 2 years)
- Cancelled Check
- Report Card or Official Transcript
Moving to Sullivan County from within New York State:
- Your license address must be changed as of 3/1/2021
- Your registration(s) must be changed to Sullivan County prior to or at your appointment
Please be advised we are only scheduling 90 days out at this time. If you do not see an available appointment slot please check back the following day.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, residents can make appointments online, beginning on July 20th, 2020. Appointments can be scheduled from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. DMV drop boxes are no longer available.
The following services will be offered by appointment to SULLIVAN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY (evidenced by the address on your NYS driver's license, effective March 1, 2021). Each is clickable for further information:
- Driving permits
- CDL testing
- CDL renewals
- Vehicle registrations
- Registration renewal
- Non-driver ID’s
- License renewals
- ONLINE License Renewals - Have a vision test at a participating provider, and then mail in the renewal form with payment
- New license
- Plate surrender
- Enhanced / Real ID
Dealers can either mail paperwork in or put in the DEALER drop box along with a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope.
- A Blank check made out to "DMV" (Exception is plate surrenders & Credit Card Payments)
- A Self Addressed pre-paid return envelope.
- Phone Number in case we need to reach you.
Mail the above to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
For further information please contact us at (845) 794-3872
Renewing your license and/or registration through the Sullivan County Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) keeps 12.7% of the money here in Sullivan County!
Erin Mason, Deputy County Clerk-DMV
NYS DMV Call Center: 518-486-9748
Custom Plate Unit: 518-474-6660 or 518-402-4838
Driver Improvement: 518-474-0774
Registration / Licensing: 518-486-9748
Title Bureau: 518-486-4714