Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
SULLIVAN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
Please be advised we are only scheduling 90 days out at this time. If you do not see an available appointment slot please check back the following day.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, residents can make appointments online, beginning on July 20th, 2020. Appointments can be scheduled from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Walk-ins cannot be serviced at the DMV at this time.
The following services will be offered by appointment to SULLIVAN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY (each is clickable for further information):
- Driving permits
- CDL testing
- CDL renewals
- Vehicle registrations
- Non-driver ID’s
- License renewals
- New license
- Enhanced / Real ID
Mail or Drop box services for Sullivan County Residents:
In an effort to help the residents of Sullivan County, you can do the following by mail or drop box:
Drop boxes are available in the Government Center vestibules. Customers must use a face covering, maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet, and limit vestibule capacity to two individuals.
The following limited transactions are allowed (each is clickable):
- (with copy of driver's license and an eye test)
*Residents can go to local providers for the license renewal vision test requirement, The results will be sent to the DMV within 24 hours so you can renew your license online. Click here for a list of local providers.
- (with copy of driver's license)
- Forms are available here: https://dmv.ny.gov/forms
- DMV transactions can be dropped off in the DMV drop box or mailed in with a blank check made payable to “DMV”, cash or credit card (with a credit card authorization form completed).
- The DMV will mail back completed transactions, and some may require an additional mailing fee. If residents need a more timely return, then expedited mail will be available at an additional cost of $10 with an additional check made payable to Sullivan County Clerk.
Dealers can either mail paperwork in or put in the drop box along with a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope.
- A Blank check made out to "DMV" (Exception is plate surrenders & Credit Card Payments)
- A Self Addressed pre-paid return envelope.
- Phone Number in case we need to reach you.
Mail the above to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
For further information please contact us at (845) 794-3872
Renewing your license and/or registration through the Sullivan County Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) keeps 12.7% of the money here in Sullivan County! So... schedule your appointment, mail, or use the drop box for your transactions.
Erin Mason, Deputy County Clerk-DMV
NYS DMV Call Center: 518-486-9748
Custom Plate Unit: 518-474-6660 or 518-402-4838
Driver Improvement: 518-474-0774
Registration / Licensing: 518-486-9748
Title Bureau: 518-486-4714