The Sunset Lake Local Development Corporation (LDC) has been established by the Sullivan County Legislature to seek out a management company that is interested in leasing the operations of the Care Center at Sunset Lake in Liberty, NY.
Agendas, minutes and other relevant documents will be posted on this page.
Meetings are open to the public. The next meeting will occur on September 24, 2020, at 4 p.m. in the Hearing Room of the Sullivan County Government Center, 100 North Street, Monticello, NY.
Sunset Lake Local Development Corporation (the "Corporation") is a local development corporation created pursuant to the not-for-profit corporation law of the State of New York. The Corporation shall seek to lease and/or transfer the land, facilities and operations of the Sunset Lake Care Center and the management of the Certified Home Health Agency to the most qualified bidder. In doing so, it shall examine and consider, where applicable, the bidder's:
- Competency and character
- Quality of care of residents
- History of employee relations and practices
- Record of retaining facilities subsequent to acquisition
- Willingness to continue to care for all existing residents at the time of acquisition (unless otherwise indicated by the New York State Department of Health criteria)
- Financial stability
Agendas are posted as they become available. If a particular date is not clickable, that agenda has not yet been posted.
September 3, 2020
- Electing the Independent Director
- Appoint the Five Initial Directors
- Acknowledgement of Fiduciary Duties
- Certification of No Conflict of Interest
Board of Directors
- Chair: Lowell Feldman, healthcare consultant and licensed nursing home administrator
- Vice Chair: Bill Chellis, private practice attorney
- Secretary/Treasurer: Michelle Huck, Assistant County Manager
- Director: Nadia Rajsz, District 2 Legislator and Chair of Health & Family Services Committee of the Legislature
- Director: Albee Bockman, County Coroner
Policies & Bylaws
- Code of Ethics
- Compensation, Reimbursement and Attendance
- Authorizing Resolution of the Sullivan County Legislature
- Incorporation Papers Filed with New York State
Mail: Sunset Lake Local Development Corporation, c/o Sullivan County Manager's Office, 100 North Street, Monticello, NY 12701