Please be aware the Care Center at Sunset Lake is currently CLOSED to indoor visitors, in order to protect residents and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-2177
November 20, 2020
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of all of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We had a total of four (4) staff members test positive for COVID-19 within the last week. We are happy to report that there are NO confirmed COVID-19 cases among residents. Currently, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) requires testing of all residents in the facility every 3-7 days for 14 days following a positive case in the facility.
Let’s talk turkey and Thanksgiving! We are eagerly preparing for our Thanksgiving parade. There will be inflatable costumes, a float, and Santa and his elf may even make an appearance. Keep an eye out on our Facebook page. On Thanksgiving Day we will be providing an extra video chat to see and talk to your family / loved one. Residents have also been busy preparing special gift bags to be given to loved ones for the holidays. Just a reminder, if you do not remember your Zoom (video chat) time please give a call to activities, 845-513-2119, to obtain your schedule.
We will continue to keep you informed of the status of the health and well-being of the Care Center at Sunset Lake residents and staff throughout this public health crisis. We will continue weekly updates for all residents’ families and staff, and will notify resident and families individually of personal health information.
Should you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Nursing Home Administrator or the Director of Nursing.
Burt Kohn, MBA, LNHA
Susan Southerton, RN
Director of Nursing
Stephanie Brown, MBA, MSN, RN
Commissioner, Division of Health & Family Services
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640