Please be aware the Care Center at Sunset Lake is currently CLOSED to indoor visitors, in order to protect residents and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-217
April 8, 2021
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Two (2) staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week. One (1) resident has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week. Currently, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) requires testing of all residents in the facility every 3-7 days for 14 days following a positive case in the facility, and the testing of staff two (2) times a week.
We at the Care Center have been receiving numerous inquiries regarding the opening of in person visits. Rest assured the staff at the Care Center are diligently working to insure the safety and security of the in person visits. Unfortunately current New York State Department of Health guidelines do not allow us to open up for indoor visitation at this time. We will keep you informed on when we are allowed to open for indoor visitation.
Unfortunately, due to positive COVID-19 test results that have occurred this week, we are unable to offer indoor visitation for a period of 14 days. Once there have been zero positive COVID-19 test results for a period of 14 days, indoor visitation will be able to take place per the NYSDOH guidelines. We are currently offering the following visitation options:
- Window Visits. Your loved one will come to a window on their unit where you will you will be able to see and wave to them from the parking lot. If you would like to do this, we request that you call your loved one’s unit and let the staff know that you will be coming. We request that you give them 30 minutes’ notice prior to your arrival.
- Zoom Visits. These are ongoing and scheduled through Activities Director Miranda Page. If you do not yet have a scheduled Zoom Visit appointment time, you can contact Miranda at 845-513-2119 to set one up.
- OPEN Window Visits. These visits will be scheduled through Activities Director Miranda Page. Masks are required and the visit will unfortunately be limited to 30 minutes. After you make your appointment, you should plan on arriving 15 minutes before you scheduled visit time. When you arrive for your visit, you should park in the visitors’ parking lot and go to the front door to notify the front desk that you are here to visit by calling 2112 from the phone by the side of the door. If all the windows by the patio section are being used please wait in your car for the next available window. When one of the windows on the patio becomes available you may enter the patio walk up to the window and wait for your loved to be brought down. Your loved one will be brought down inside the facility to sit behind one of the windows. The window will be open, approximately six inches.
Please do not attempt to pass anything through the windows. When you notify the front desk that you are here you can give them any packages for your loved one at that time.
*** Please note: In an effort to accommodate as many residents as possible, if you have an open window visit, we will not be able to schedule a Zoom Visit for that week. Also, at this time we may be unable to reschedule your regularly scheduled visit for a different time during the week if you are unable to participate during your scheduled time***
Activities continue to take place on the units throughout the week.
We will continue to keep you informed of the status of the health and well-being of the Care Center at Sunset Lake residents and staff throughout this public health crisis. We will continue weekly updates for all residents’ families and staff, and will notify resident and families individually of personal health information.
Should you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Nursing Home Administrator or the Director of Nursing.
Burt Kohn, MBA, LNHA
Cynthia Hathaway, RN
Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640