To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-217
May 24, 2022
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At this time we have one (1) staff member who tested positive for COVID-19 on 5/23/2022. At this time, the facility is conducting outbreak testing.
At this time, we have identified zero (0) additional positive residents at the facility. All precautions are being taken and all CDC and DOC guidance is being followed in order to avoid the spread of COVID-19 to additional staff or residents.
Please note that while we are open for visitation we are now requiring as per CMS and NYSDOH that all visitors are able to present proof of a negative result when visiting the facility. This can be done by rapid testing at the door prior to visitation.
In addition please note that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have had any exposure to someone who is positive in the last 14 days you will not be permitted to enter the facility. PPE is still required in keeping with the core Principles of Infection Control Policies and Procedures. Visitors are reminded that they must wear a mask as well during all visitation, that is not cloth, it must be a paper surgical mask.
There has been a recent uptick in cases in all counties, please make sure that when you are coming to visit your loved one that you are well, if you do not feel well please do not visit. Also ensure that you are adhering to the core principles of infection control practices. This will ensure that we more easily can keep the residents, staff and families of the facility happy and healthy. Thank you all as always for your cooperation and for your continued support.
We will keep you updated on any further developments.
Megan Holton, LNHA
Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- A list of therapy services and rates can be found by CLICKING HERE
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640.
Per NYS Public Health Law, all current contracts for the Care Center can be found here: www.sullivanny.us/departments/auditcontrol.