Please be aware the Care Center at Sunset Lake is currently CLOSED to visitors, in order to protect residents and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
July 2, 2020
Hello family and friends of the residents of the Care Center!
I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones healthy. Please remain in touch with your case managers for any questions that you may have regarding your loved ones. Please continue to follow us on Facebook (carecenteratsunsetlake) for updates and images of what is going on daily at The Care Center. Here is this weeks updates…
The Activity Department is continuing unit activities while slowly bringing back activities we know the residents missed. Happy hour will start again on the units on July 10th. We are still having our Fourth of July barbecues this month, with a bit of modification. Unit 1 and unit 2 will be on July 15th, unit 3 will be on July 22nd, and unit 4 will be on July 29th.
Shopper Service has been postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If your family member needs any items it would be our pleasure to order online or by phone just contact your case worker or the activity department and we will gladly assist you.
For county updates on COVID-19 please visit the Sullivan County Website ( www.sullivanny.us ), or visit the Public Health Services website ( http://www.sullivanny.us/Departments/Publichealth ), which has a link for Coronavirus updates.
Our commitment is to the care and health of your loved one. The Care Center staff continue to be committed coming to work to care for the residents. We again extend ourselves to receive your phone calls and emails. It is our obligation to ease your concerns and answer your questions. I will continue to share updates with you and we all look forward to the time when we can open our doors and place you in the embrace of your loved ones again.
The Care Center at Sunset Lake is a skilled nursing facility providing care 7 days a week, 24-hour a day.
The facility is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and offers skilled restorative care in a therapeutic environment for those who need rehabilitative care as well as a therapeutic environment for those who can no longer live independently. Also known as the Sullivan County Adult Care Center, the facility provides short term placement for restorative care, short term respite stays or long term placement. We also have a memory care unit specialized to the care of those with the diagnosis of dementia. The facility has 146 beds.
Services include; a full array of medical, nursing, personal care, dietary, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social, spiritual, recreational and housekeeping services. Residents and/or families are involved in decisions about care and receive services based on their individual needs.
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640