To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-2176
April 27, 2023
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At this time, we have zero (0) additional staff member since the last notification who tested positive for COVID-19. At this time the facility is conducting outbreak testing as required, based on the positive results.
At this time, we have identified one (1) positive resident at the facility. All precautions are being taken and all CDC and DOH guidance is being followed in order to avoid the spread of COVID-19 to additional staff or residents.
Currently the number of staff on furlough is 1.
Currently the number of positive residents on isolation is 1.
Please note that we remain open for visitation.
The DOH and CMS have issued new guidance which no longer requires testing or “active” screening of visitors when entering the facility. While we are happy to see some more steps towards a return to the pre-COVID world, we continue to be considering the facility in outbreak, and we continue to strongly suggest that visitors test upon arrival or at the least 2-3 days prior, per DOH guidance, to entering the facility. This can be done at home on your own if you choose to test prior to arrival at the facility. For those that would like to test upon arrival, testing supplies will continue to be available. We strongly encourage all that have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 to not visit unless it is an urgent matter. We also strongly encourage all visitors to self-screen prior to arrival. If you have a temperature, have been exposed, or are feeling unwell for any reason, we encourage you to consider postponing your visit for the health and safety of our residents, staff and other family members.
At this time, all visitors and staff continue to be required to wear the appropriate PPE when in the facility. This includes a face mask at all times and any other PPE that is deemed appropriate by the facility, such as when additional precautions are in place because of a positive test result or outbreak. Any visitor that will not comply with the requirements of the core principles of infection control will be required to leave the facility.
Megan Holton, LNHA
Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- A list of therapy services and rates can be found by CLICKING HERE
- Medicaid is accepted: $194.33/day (Part D), $192.60/day (Part B or B&D)
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time: $527.24/day
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640.
Per NYS Public Health Law, all current contracts for the Care Center can be found here: https://sullivanny.us/Departments/Managementandbudget
Choose "ACC" in the drop down and hit Search. Some of the contracts are multi-year. The year that the PDF pertains to is listed in each record.