Administering Elections In Sullivan County
Expanded Voting Options for June 2020 Primary Elections
- ABSENTEE APPLICATIONS: Executive Order 202.15 allows Eligible voters who are affected by COVID-19 pandemic and wish to apply to vote by absentee ballot to utilize the absentee ballot application ( 484KB) that is being mailed to all active and inactive voters for the Democratic Presidential Primary and Republican Federal and Local Primary.
- Complete the Absentee Ballot Application in its entirety.
- Check the box for “Temporary illness or physical disability.” This option applies to the June 2020 Primary per Executive Order 202.28 due to a temporary illness based on the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Check the box for "Primary Election" only per Executive Order 202.28.
- Mail back the completed application by June 16, 2020 in the postage-paid envelope provided.
- The Sullivan County Board of Elections Office has electronic “Ballot Marking Devices” (BMD) available for voters requesting audio or visual assistance in casting a ballot. Please call the Sullivan County Board of Elections at (845) 807-0400 for more information.
- EARLY VOTING DAYS: SEE SIDEBAR FOR THE COMPLETE LIST OF DAYS AND HOURS (scroll down if on a mobile device)
Executive Orders pertaining to elections are posted on the NYS Board of Elections website at https://www.elections.ny.gov/Covid19ExecOrders.html.
Village Elections Information
The Village Elections have been rescheduled to take place on September 15, 2020 according to the NYS Governor’s Executive Order 202.26. The full text is available at: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20226-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
Office Open to Appointments Only, Until Further Notice