Administering Elections In Sullivan County
The Unofficial Election Results include all In-Person Early Voting results from June 13 – June 21, 2020 AND In-Person results from Election Day June 23, 2020. Absentee ballots will be counted starting July 1, 2020 and will continue until all Absentee ballots have been counted. Certified results will then be available on this web page.
Sample Primary Ballots
Expanded Voting Options
ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION OPTION - deadline June 16, 2020: Executive Order 202.15 allows Eligible voters who are affected by COVID-19 pandemic and wish to apply to vote by absentee ballot to utilize the absentee ballot application ( 484KB) that is being mailed to all active and inactive voters for the Democratic Presidential Primary and Republican Federal and Local Primary.
- Complete the Absentee Ballot Application in its entirety.
- Check the box for “Temporary illness or physical disability.” This option applies to the June 2020 Primary per Executive Order 202.28 due to a temporary illness based on the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Check the box for "Primary Election" only per Executive Order 202.28.
- Mail back the completed application by June 16, 2020 in the postage-paid envelope provided.
- The Sullivan County Board of Elections Office has electronic “Ballot Marking Devices” (BMD) available for voters requesting audio or visual assistance in casting a ballot. Please call the Sullivan County Board of Elections at (845) 807-0400 for more information.
IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING OPTION June 13 – June 21, 2020 at Sullivan County Government Center – hours on sidebar (scroll down if on a mobile device)
IN-PERSON VOTING ON ELECTION DAY - June 23, 2020. Polls are open from 6:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Executive Orders pertaining to elections are posted on the NYS Board of Elections website at https://www.elections.ny.gov/Covid19ExecOrders.html.
Village Elections Information
The Village Elections have been rescheduled to take place on September 15, 2020 according to the NYS Governor’s Executive Order 202.26. The full text is available at: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20226-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency