Liberty, NY – Sullivan County Public Health invites one and all to the first HealthFest, set for Sunday, June 4 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at the picturesque Hanofee Park in Liberty!
“We’re excited to offer a completely FREE day of family fun with our partners Sullivan 180 and Action Toward Independence,” affirms Public Health Director Karen Holden. “We’ll even have a Birth & Baby Fest from noon to 1 p.m. in the small lakeside pavilion!”
Wondering what awaits at HealthFest?
- Engage in thrilling games that will keep everyone entertained all day long, including:
- Hula Hoops – Show off those hoop skills and compete in exciting challenges
- Frisbee® - Test throwing accuracy and have a blast playing with friends and family
- Beachball Volleyball – Team up to enjoy a fun and engaging activity for all ages
- Jump Rope – Leap into action in an energetic game that gets the heart pumping and spirits soaring
- Explore the scenic beauty of Hanofee Park on a nature walk, with knowledgeable guides to explain flora and fauna along the way
- Get a mammogram (book in advance at 607-798-5723)
- Receive complimentary gifts to enhance well-being
- Interact with the warm and friendly Public Health team
- Discover valuable tips and tricks to maintain optimal health for you and your loved ones
- Most importantly, spend quality time with your neighbors and friends!
Known as a vibrant venue with play areas, trails, pavilions and an entire lake, Francis A. Hanofee Park is located at 129 Sunset Lake Road in Liberty. Free round-trip transportation will be provided by Sullivan County buses from Monticello, Fallsburg and downtown Liberty.
Should you have any questions or need further info, Public Health welcomes calls at 845-292-5910, ext. 0, or reach out to Action Toward Independence at 845-794-4228 or Sullivan 180 at 845-295-2580 – they’ll be happy to assist.
“Join us at HealthFest for an unforgettable celebration of well-being, fun and community spirit!” encourages Holden. “Together, let’s embrace a healthier future.”