Monticello, NY – With the region’s entrance into Phase 3 tomorrow, Sullivan County government offices will reopen to walk-ins by appointment only.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, County facilities have mostly been closed to the public, with phone calls, online transactions and drop boxes taking the place of in-person visits.
“Tomorrow will be a step toward a full reopening, but it will not be business as usual, and the public is encouraged to continue using the above-mentioned alternative methods,” said County Manager Josh Potosek. “We will be limiting both the staff on hand and public access so as to maintain safe, COVID-free operations.”
The walk-in protocol will be different for various County office buildings:
- Government Center, Sullivan County Courthouse, Public Health Services in Liberty – Buildings open, but walk-ins must have an appointment to visit a specific office.
- Department of Family Services (Travis Building) – Walk-ins will be limited to safe capacity in the waiting room. Appointments highly preferred.
- Department of Community Services, District Attorney’s Office – Buildings closed, prior appointment required.
- Transfer Stations (Countywide), Airport – Open as usual.
- Care Center at Sunset Lake in Liberty, Career Center in Monticello – Closed to in-person visitation at this time.
Proper facial coverings and social distancing will be required at ALL facilities.