Monticello, NY – Legislature Chairman Robert Doherty and Vice Chair Michael Brooks will host a rebooted Sullivan County Town Hall series, called “Let's Talk Sullivan,” beginning this Monday, August 31 on the County’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sullivancountygov and YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/channel/UC-6KnDAiuQEnDNWO13Ev1sw. The presentation will be available starting at 1 p.m.
“Our Town Hall broadcasts during the height of the COVID-19 crisis attracted as many as 4,000 viewers, and since we concluded that series in July, we’ve gotten a number of requests to relaunch it,” Doherty stated. “So we’re doing just that on Monday, first with Mike and me, then at future ‘Let's Talk Sullivan’ episodes, with guest presenters from throughout County government.”
Topics for the 31st will include:
- The recently enacted 4% energy tax, which takes effect September 1
- The hearing and vote to potentially exceed the State-mandated property tax cap
- The final month of the U.S. Census
- The new LDCs (Local Development Corporations): Broadband Access and Care Center
- The coming changes in Move Sullivan routes, schedules and fares
- The idea of evening meetings of the Legislature
- The latest on COVID-19 in the County
Questions from the public will be accepted at email@example.com and via private message on the County’s Facebook page. They should be focused on County topics and phrased respectfully and apolitically. As the broadcast will be pre-taped, questions need to be submitted by Thursday, August 27 at 7 a.m.
Proposed topics for future Town Halls are also welcome anytime via the above methods. Broadcasts will be presented monthly and occasionally more often as circumstances warrant.