Technical Systems and Networking is comprised of the following functional areas: Data Base Administration, Server Administration, Network Services, Technical Operations, Workstation Services, Security and VoIP Telephone Communications.
Technical Systems and Networking manages the County-wide network, communications, and computing infrastructure 24 hours a day including:
- Monitoring, security, configuration, and troubleshooting activities
- Administering the fiber optic network connecting the three core County locations to provide the ability to coordinate data, video, and voice communications
- Managing file, print, application, and mail servers, including security administration, operating system upgrade and maintenance, capacity planning, anti-virus scanning, and monitoring
- Establishing standard development platforms and methodologies encompassing such areas as physical and virtual server and PC application development, database creation, design and naming, application product selection, and standard software suites and applications
- Developing procedures and plans to facilitate disaster recovery, data protection, and data recovery
- Physical and virtual workstation, workstation software, and workstation peripheral configuration, maintenance, delivery and problem resolution
- Traditional telephone services, consolidated VoIP telephone services allowing for reduced internal costs for operations, including toll charges.