Your Link to Long-Term Services and Supports
What is SULLIVAN NYCONNECTS?
Sullivan NYConnects is your link to long term services and supports and offers information about medical and non- medical services that can help people of all ages remain independent in their daily lives. The purpose is to help make things simpler and easier for people who are learning about long term care services and supports and need to make decisions based on those services. Information is free, confidential and given in a comprehensive, unbiased way and options counseling with assistance regarding long term care options and supports is given.
What are Long Term Services and Supports?
Long term services and supports (also known as long term care) may include medical and non- medical services people of all ages may need over an extended period of time in order to improve or maintain health or daily living independently. These services can be provided at sites in the community where a person lives, in a person’s own home, in a residential setting, nursing home and day program. Examples include: medical, social, housekeeping and rehabilitation services.
What is Options Counseling?
Options are presented and discussed with individuals to make personal choices and decisions. Sullivan NYConnects assists individuals and families with making informed choices and decisions about what services and supports will meet their own individual needs and preferences.
Who can Receive Information and Assistance from SULLIVAN NYCONNECTS?
Anyone who needs information about long term services and supports can receive information and assistance from Sullivan NYConnects, especially: the elderly, adults and children with disabilities, caregivers and family members, friends and neighbors and helping professionals.
Where is the Sullivan NYConnects?
There are many ways to reach Sullivan NYConnects for long term services and supports.
- It’s just a phone call away at (845) 807-0257 or (800) 342-9871.
- Visit SULLIVAN NYCONNECTS at the Office for the Aging in the Government Center.
- Write to: SULLIVAN NYCONNECTS, Office for the Aging, 100 North Street , P.O. Box 5012 , Monticello , NY 12701.
- On the Internet, a Resource Directory provides quick and easy access to information about all the many long term services and supports available throughout New York State, including Sullivan County.
- Click here for the Resource Directory