Please be aware the Care Center at Sunset Lake is currently CLOSED to indoor visitors, in order to protect residents and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
To the Families and Loved Ones of Those at the Care Center at Sunset Lake
CARE CENTER AT SUNSET LAKE
SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER
A RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE FACILITY
P.O. BOX 671
256 SUNSET LAKE ROAD
LIBERTY, NEW YORK 12754
PHONE (845) 292-8640 FAX (845) 513-2177
October 16, 2020
Dear Family Members and Friends,
The Care Center at Sunset Lake remains committed to protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. We have made it a priority to keep our residents, families and staff informed of all of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of everyone living and working at The Care Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have not received any reports of staff members testing positive for COVID-19 this week. We are happy to report that there are still NO confirmed COVID-19 cases among residents. As a reminder, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) requires testing of all residents in the facility every 3-7 days for 14 days following a positive case in the facility. Unfortunately, that 14-day clock starts over each time we have a positive result, whether that be a staff member or resident. This also means that we must restrict visitation during that timeframe. Further, NYSDOH requires that any resident exposed to a positive staff member also be tested for influenza in addition to COVID-19. We are working with the NYSDOH and the Sullivan County Public Health Services Department to ensure we are following the most current guidance to keep everyone healthy.
We are not offering onsite, face-to-face, visitation at this time. Once we are in a position to resume visitation we will be in contact with families to discuss protocols, one of which is the NYSDOH requirement that all visitors receive a covid test and provide us with proof of a negative result prior to each visitation session. The Sullivan County Public Health Services webpage provides information on testing sites. Visit their page for this info and also to keep up-to-date on covid activity in the County.
Update on technology: We have been working with our ITS department to get ipads for the facility for use in conjunction with laptops for Zooming with loved ones. We are hoping the ipads will offer improved connectivity in all areas of the Care Center resulting in less issues that interrupt precious time communicating. We are also working to offer Zoom visitation twice weekly. We will keep you posted on both initiatives.
Update on our search for a fulltime administrator: We have received qualified applications and resumes from three individuals. Interviews have been conducted and we will have more information for you early next week.
On to happy news! We are continuing to celebrate Halloween. The facility is filled with pumpkins and fun Halloween images. Today the staff will be wearing fun hats and masks to continue to spread the cheer. We also received a generous donation from Maynard Farms of Apple Cider. Yum, we are looking forward to enjoying it! We have also received a donation of foam decorations Family Council. Keep checking our Facebook page for pictures of what the residents have created. The “Guess the Weight of the Pumpkin” is almost done, the winners will be announced soon!
Please remember to “like” and “follow” us on Facebook to see pictures of your loved ones and to get a glimpse of what’s going in the building.
We will continue weekly updates for all residents’ families and staff, and will notify residents and families individually of personal health information.
Should you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Acting Administrator or the Director of Nursing.
Stephanie Brown, MBA, MSN, RN
Acting Unlicensed Nursing Home Administrator
Kathleen Hawk, LNHA
Susan Southerton, RN
Director of Nursing
- Facility - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Administrative Staff - Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Must have a skilled medical need that cannot be addressed in a less restrictive environment
Cost of Service and Fee Structure:
- Private Pay Rates (room and board ONLY):
- $270 per day semi-private room
- $280 per day private room
- Medicaid is accepted
- Medicare may pay for a portion of services IF specific medical criteria are met and for a LIMITED time
- Private insurance is accepted if the insurance company agrees that nursing home care is necessary AND the insurance company is willing to pay for the care
- Co-pays may apply and are collected
How to Apply/Documentation Required for Service:
- By telephone call for a tour or visit
- Documentation Required:
- A Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen assesses the applicant's ability to complete "activities of daily living" such as walking, bathing, dressing, etc. The assessment includes all physical and psychological problems the applicant faces.
- A financial application
- The PRI and Screen is done by Sullivan County Public Health Services if the individual is living in the community. If the individual is in the hospital or another nursing home that facility will do the PRI and Screen. The financial application is available from the Social Services Department at the Care Center at Sunset Lake (CCASL). Upon review of the PRI and Screen a decision is made as to whether CCASL can meet the health care needs of the applicant
Please contact us if you have any questions 845-292-8640