The Board of Elections employs Inspectors to work Primary, Special and General Elections at the rate of $250 per election.
Applicants must be:
- A US Citizen and a resident of Sullivan County
- Registered to vote and willing to work for either the Democratic or Republican party
- Fluent in English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Able to work from 5 a.m. until after the polls close at 9 p.m. on election days
- Willing to work out of your voting district
- Professional in your ability to work with a team and treat the public with respect and courtesy
- Elected officials may not serve as inspectors
Training classes are offered annually with a choice of morning or afternoon sessions, each of which last about 2 and 1/2 hours and for which attendees are paid $25. In order to work on election day(s) attendees MUST pass a Written exam at the end of the class.
For additional information please contact the Board of Elections directly at 807-0400.
Information for Spanish speaking residents interested in working as election inspectors.