Drop boxes are available in the Government Center vestibules. Customers must use a face covering, maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet, and limit vestibule capacity to two individuals.
While the building is closed to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic, services will ONLY be available to Sullivan County residents.
Department of Motor Vehicles:
- The following transactions are allowed:
- all vehicle registration activity
- license plate transfers
- license plate surrenders ($1 cash)
- sales tax transactions
- Forms are available here https://dmv.ny.gov/
- DMV transactions can be dropped off in the DMV drop box or mailed in with the appropriate fee by check, cash or credit card (with a credit card authorization form completed).
- The DMV will mail back completed transactions, and some may require an additional mailing fee. If residents need a more timely return, then expedited mail will be available at an additional cost
- DMV customers can use the new SC DMV Remote Transaction System for transaction assistance. Residents can email their completed paperwork directly to the DMV for review at SCNYDMV1@co.sullivan.ny.us. Once the paperwork is approved, residents can mail or put it in the DMV drop box for processing with the appropriate fee.
Acting as an agent for the state of New York, the Sullivan County Clerk administers the County's Motor Vehicle Bureau.
DMV Services and Information
- Driver's Licenses, including EDL Licenses
- Non-Driver Identification
- Learner Permits
- Vehicle Registration
- Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDL)
- Plate Surrender
- Enforcement (Conditional and Restricted Licenses)
Registration renewals made easy by:
- Mailing to: 100 North Street, Monticello, NY 12701
- Visiting the mobile van (see local town clerk for scheduled days & hours)
- Box at entryway of DMV Monticello Office (No lines - No waiting)
- After hours of 4:15 pm and before 5:00 pm, leave at County Clerk main office for processing