Public Health Education and Wellness
Welcome to the Public Health Education Department of Sullivan County! We are dedicated to promoting health, preventing disease, and enhancing the well-being of our community. Our mission is to empower individuals and our community to make informed decisions that lead to healthier lifestyles and a high quality of life.
In collaboration with Sullivan County's Rural Health Network, we work with schools, businesses, hospitals, and other community organizations to foster sustainable partnerships and improve the overall health of our county.
We are working to update some of the health topics our Education Department covers. Check out the links below for more information, and reach out to us with any questions!
Please call our Public Health Education Department at (845) 292-5910 ext. 2210 or ext. 2233 for any health education needs!
Rural Health Network
The Rural Health Network of Sullivan County is a collaborative effort between community partners to streamline information and services to the people we all serve. The goals of the RHN include:
- Prevent and reduce chronic disease and associated health disparities
- Improve nutrition and access to healthy food through partnerships with local farmer's markets
- Promote mental health and substance use prevention, specifically the abuse of prescription drugs
- Provide health education to the community through outreach events
Interested in self-watering plant pots and learning about the science of capillary action? See the PDF below for instructions on how to turn ordinary household items into useful and sustainable tools!
- Nutrition Facts
- Children's Dental Health
- Rethink Your Drink
- Oral Health Conditions
- Informational Videos by Prasad:
Ticks and tick-related illnesses: