Skip to main content
  • Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065.
  • Sullivan County Emergency Community Assistance Hotline (for COVID-19 issues ONLY): 845-807-0925.
  • Sullivan County Public Health Services COVID Info Line: 845-513-2268.
  • CLICK HERE for the latest updates and info on COVID-19 in Sullivan County
  • Click HERE for the latest vaccine information.
  • to register for our next COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic!

Early Intervention Program

Evaluates and tests for developmental delays for children ages newborn to 3 years. Services include speech, occupational and physical therapy, special education, and case management for eligible children. Referrals can be received from any concerned parent, health care provider, family member or agency.
Young children learn and develop differently. One baby may walk earlier than another, while another baby might talk first. Often, these differences will even out. But, some children will need extra help.

Look for signs that your infant or toddler might need extra help. Early help makes a difference! If your child does have a problem, the earlier you get help, the better.

How Can We Help You? 
To be eligible for services, children must be newborn to 3 years of age and have a confirmed disability or established developmental delay, as defined by New York State, in one or more of the following areas of development: physical, cognitive, communication, social-emotional, and/or adaptive. 

Where Can Parents Get Help?
Call the Early Intervention Program at Sullivan County Public Health Services at (845) 292-5910, Ext. 2202. You will be put in touch with someone to evaluate your child's development. Then, if your child is eligible, together you'll make a plan to get help for your child - and you.

What Help is Available?
Early intervention services are provided to help your child grow and develop, and to help you care for your child.  These services include evaluation services (including hearing and vision screening); home visits; speech, physical and other therapies; child development groups; family counseling; and, sometimes, even help with transportation. These services are provided at no cost to you.

What Children Need Early Help?
Any child from birth to age three with a developmental delay, disability or condition that affects development may need help. Developmental delays may range from minor delays in speech development to more major delays in children with autism.

Who Do I Call?
Early Intervention Program at Sullivan County Public Health Services at (845) 292-5910, Ext. 2202


Other Resources

Checklist for Growing Children